Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Rolling Stones - Ride 'Em On Down from their new album Blue & Lonesome





Yeah!
I’m a dealin' man, still dealing, yeah
I’ll go keep on dealing till I find myself a bed
I got to stop dealing, I believe I’ll ride ‘em on down
Well I done stopped dealing, I believe I’ll ride 'em on down

Yeah!
Raised in the country, got up raised in town
Got two kids and they’re all look like mine
I got to stop dealing, I believe I’ll ride ‘em on down
Yeah, I got to stop dealing, I believe I’ll ride 'em on down

Yeah!
I’m dealing darling, by some other deck
Seem like somebody gonna take my shit
I got to stop dealing, I believe I’ll ride ‘em on down
Well, I done stopped dealing, I believe I’ll ride 'em on down

Yeah!

[guitar solo]

Yeah!
Born yesterday and not a day before
Here you come knocking at my door
Done stop dealing, I believe I’ll ride ‘em on down
Well I done stopped dealing, I believe I’ll ride 'em on down

Yeah!

[harmonica solo]




The Rolling Stones searing jazzy blues take on Eddie Taylor's "Ride 'Em on Down" off the rock legends' upcoming LP of blues classics Blue & Lonesome.



The Rolling Stones' New Blues: Inside Their Roots Revival, Bright Future

Why iconic band took just three days to make 'Blue & Lonesome,' its first album in 11 years

The track dates back to the 1930s when Delta blues great Bukka White penned the track under the title "Shake 'Em on Down." Chicago blues singer Eddie Taylor recorded the track in 1955 as "Ride 'Em on Down"; it's this version that inspired the Stones to cover the track.

The Stones previously shared "Just Your Fool" and "Hate to See You Go" from Blue & Lonesome, released  December 2nd, 2016.

Rolling Stone recently spoke to the band for a cover story where the Stones opened up about the sessions that produced Blue & Lonesome and their contribution to the blues.

"The thing about the blues is it changes in very small increments," Mick Jagger said. "People reinterpret what they know – Elmore James reinterpreted Robert Johnson licks, as did Muddy Waters. So I'm not saying we're making the jumps that they made, but we can't help but reinterpret these songs."

"Ride 'Em on Down" also features a scorching harmonica solo courtesy of Jagger. "This is the best record Mick Jagger has ever made," Keith Richards told Rolling Stone while praising the singer's harmonica skills. "It was just watching the guy enjoying doing what he really can do better than anybody else… And also, the band ain't too shabby."

No comments:

Post a Comment